SWCeSchool rising Juniors and Seniors:
Soon you will be building your schedule with Kelly Powell for the '23-'24 school year. While you are making your selections, keep in mind we can offer elective credit for internship placements under the following guidelines:
- SWCeS internships are one-time, non-paid, work/professional occupational experiences that must be supervised by an adult in an internship arrangement with a regional organization.
- 11th or 12th-grade students are required to accrue a minimum of 60 documented hours of on-site internship experiences to qualify for course credit in a single semester.
- SWCeS internships must be approved by SWCeS staff
SWCeS placements from recent years:
- Assisting an Occupational Therapist with elementary school children
- Working in a local daycare
- Assisting a professional welder in the construction of a ranch fence
- Supporting events and camps at The Durango Powerhouse Science Center
- Assisting a Horse Veterinarian
Contact Micah Susman for 2023/24 internship opportunities here
or email your questions to Micah at [email protected]