Our registration process is now entirely online for all enrollments.
- Please complete this: Online Application
This will start the process and get you into our systems.
- Check your email for a copy of forms that require signatures.
- Sign and return promptly or visit a Learning Center to sign. All signed forms are required before beginning coursework.
- Promptly complete and return any other tasks and requirements for admissions as specified in communications from the SWC eSchool.
Is the Southwest Colorado eSchool Right for You?
The SWCeS may be a good fit for you if…
- You are a motivated student who seeks challenging learning opportunities and unique course options
- You desire a flexible learning environment that takes an “anytime, anywhere” approach
- You want to be prepared for your future, where electronic learning is increasingly common
- You desire time flexibility for work, athletic pursuits or travel
- You are a homebound student
- You desire rigorous, challenging learning opportunities that are not offered from your local school
Southwest Colorado eSchool Curriculum
The SWCeS offers a full set of online courses in the core subjects including English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science. In addition, the SWCeS offers several World Languages courses and a unique set of elective courses. The course catalog can be found in the enrollment section of this website.
Enrollment in the SWCeS is available to students in 6th – 12th grade who are residents of Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma, or San Juan counties in Southwest Colorado.
Minimum Entrance Requirements
The SWCeS is dedicated to supporting students for whom independent online learning is an appropriate fit. That said, not all students are prepared or have the necessary supports to be successful. The eSchool has the following minimum requirements for students entering the school as full-time students.
If you do not meet all of the following requirements, we guide you toward a supplemental enrollment plan for the first semester as a trial period.
- You have been successful in your brick and mortar school classes – failed no more than one class in the previous semester of school…
- You have your own computer and reliable internet access at home…
- You must successfully complete our Introduction to Online Learning mini-course prior to beginning your eSchool course(s)…
- You must attend mandatory orientations and assigned days at the eSchool Learning Center (as required by the Principal) in either Durango or Cortez and…
- Your parents must have a personal email account and agree to monitor your eSchool performance.
Hybrid Study Model – The SWCeS is a partner program with its member districts. Students may elect to take some of their electives – particularly those that cannot be done online – with their local district school. These students meet the full-time enrollment status of four classes with the eSchool, but they have one or two courses that they take at a brick-and-mortar school. This is common for band and other performing arts, career, and technical education courses, and specialized programs.
Mountain Middle School Options Program / SWCeSchool Partnership –
Students in grades 6-8 may participate in both SWC eSchool courses and Mountain Middle School’s outstanding Options Program. Students are required to be enrolled in a minimum of 4 courses with the eSchool then also participate in the Mountain MS elective/socialization/enrichment Options program. Space is limited for the MMS Options program. You may contact us at SWCeS for further information. Contact MMS for further information on space availability.